The ABYC FROST BITE – Race 1 at the ALGOA BAY YACHT CLUB takes place on 04 September 2016.
NOTICE OF RACE
The Regatta is organized by the ALGOA BAY YACHT CLUB
1.1 The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2013 – 2016.
1.2 Boats participating in this regatta shall conform to the Equipment Rules of Sailing (ERS) 2013 2016, this Notice of Race, and the Sailing Instructions.
Advertising is permitted subject to the limitations of ISAF Regulation 20.
Boats MAY be required to display advertising chosen and supplied by the organising authority.
3. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
3.1 In accordance with the International Sailing Federation (ISAF) Regulation 19 (Eligibility Code), all competitors (Helmspersons and all other crew) shall be members in good standing of a Yacht Club affiliated to and in good standing with South African Sailing or their Member National Authority in the case of non-South Africans. The Yacht Club name and membership details shall be stated on the entry form or crew list. Current valid South African Sailing Membership Cards or similar proof of MNA Membership in cases of non-South Africans shall be presented at Registration. N/A, however please ensure both your ABYC & SAS subscription is up-to-date and/or has your attention.
3.2 Eligible boats may enter for free
4. FEES – Free
5.1. SKIPPERS: IOhOO – 04 September 2016 – outside Club Ward Room START: Start not before IOh30, but once “Turning” buoys are in place & committee boat is in position. WATCH FLAG SIGNALS. The Official Opening of Season will commence once the boats have Crossed through the Start Gate.
5.2. Measurement and inspection: N/A
5.3. Dates of racing: 04 SEPTEMBER 2016
5.4. Number of races: A minimum of 1 race is scheduled.
6. MEASUREMENTS: N/A
7. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: Final sailing instructions will be given at the Skippers Briefing on Sunday 04/09/2016 @ IOhOO
8. VENUE: Algoa Bay
9. THE COURSES: Details at Skippers
10. PENALTY SYSTEM: Rule 44.1 will apply.
11. SCORING: Normal Club Handicap will be applicable, as well as accumulation of points towards trophy
13.1 Yachts shall comply with their class buoyancy and safety requirements.
13.2 Youth category competitors shall wear a personal buoyancy aid at all times while afloat in a yacht.
13.3 Wet or dry suits do not constitute adequate buoyancy!
13.4 Additional safety requirements may be set out in the Sailing Instructions.
14. SUPPORT BOATS: N/A
15. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to Race. Neither the Organising Authority nor its officials or other persons associated with the organisation of the event will accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
16. INSURANCE: Each participating boat is encouraged to carry sufficient valid third-party liability insurance to cover any liability arising during the event.
17. FURTHER INFORMATION
For further information please contact:
082 854 3961