19 May 2013 – another perfect winter’s day and, true to the axiom that Port Elizabeth only has wind in every month with an R in it, the fleet started in none to one knot of wind. Some boats took all of ninety minutes to clear the harbour mouth and another thirty to clear the harbour wall before finally reaching the breeze just in line with Cape Reciefe.
From there it was a broad reach and then a short downwind leg to the Noordhoek buouy kindly laid by Morven Maclean followed by an agonising series of tack to beat past Cape Recife and back to the harbour.
- Tikalox II, Muira – Rob Smith. 5:11:27 (Elapsed) and 4:40:00 (Corrected)
- Watoo, Astove 31 – John Tudehope. 5:44:25 (Elapsed) and 5:03:05 (Corrected)
- Odelisque, Sigma 33 – Roger Cady. 5:45:00 (Elapsed) and 5:15:41 (Corrected)
- Skybird, Cape 28 – Joe Schable. 6:33:00 (Elapsed) and 5:20:18 (Corrected)
- Hlangana, Woods – Leon Naude. 6:25:00 (Elapsed) and 5:27:15 (Corrected)
- Seralon, Peterson 33 – Jerome Putter. DNF
- Lady, Astove 30 – Harry Lamprecht. DNF